Saturday, January 10

Silence, blackout, lights

Stage partitioned in three different sides. The first one is dominated by the color blue. The middle one, by violet. And the third one, by black. All of these colors are somewhat connected mainly because of their almost identical nuances.

[Lights!]

The blue part wakes up slowly. It reveals to us two men dressed in blue, sitting on blue chairs at a blue table, drinking blue liquids.

1st man: It's tragic.
2nd man: Absolutely dramatical.
1st man: Can you believe it?
2nd man: It's hard to believe.
1st man: Extraordinary!
2nd man: Unbelievable!
1st man: I think we've already settled that it is hard to believe.
2nd man: But we haven't exactly said that it is unbelievable.
1st man: Be serious! It's the exact same thing.
2nd man: No, it's not!
1st man: Prove it!
2nd man: It is none of my business if you're feeling awful because of...
1st man: Don't even bother mentioning it!

[Silence!]

The fight continues silently. The two men are more and more nervous.

[Blackout!]

Everything is dark.

[Lights!]

The black part of the stage. Two women standing on a black bench, wearing black dresses, holding black purses and black napkins.

1st woman: Sometimes I think of him as a butterfly.
2nd woman: Or as a locust...
1st woman: Are you insane? No offense but...
2nd woman: You are unbearably impolite!
1st woman: I am aware of that and I apologize. Still, I find your idea very disturbing.
2nd woman: And why is that?
1st woman: How can you even compare a pure soul as his with... a creepy green insect?
2nd woman: He wasn't as pure as you consider him now, honey.
1st woman: How dare you? He was absolutely remarkable. Such passion, such strength, such brains...
2nd woman: You were always fooling yourself.
1st woman: I beg your pardon?

[Silence!]
2 min.

[Blackout!]
1 min.

[Lights!]

The violet part of the stage. A woman and a man dressed very colorful, lying down on a violet bed.

The Man: Are you dead yet?
The Woman: No. And I don't think I will be.
The Man: What do you mean? It's Tuesday. You have to.
The Woman: Maybe this isn't my purpose.
The Man: I never make mistakes...
The Woman: I never meant to say that.
The Man: I know... maybe we just have to wait.
The Woman: What if I won't die?
The Man: Don't worry. You will.
The Woman: I feel... lost.
The Man: That's impossible!
The Woman: Why?
The Man: You can't feel lost. You're not allowed to feel lost. It's wrong. How can you feel lost when you're not able to find yourself? It's... absurd!
The Woman: It would be great if you're so kind as to stop pronouncing the word "lost".
The Man: Dead people are not bitchy.
The Woman: Yeah... except the fact that I'm not dead.
The Man: Theoretically, you are.
The Woman: I can still breathe, and my heart still pumps blood through my veins...
The Man: Yet you must die.
The Woman: You don't understand!

[Silence!]
2 min.

[Blackout!]
1 min.

[Lights!]

Blue part of the stage. Same men, same outfits, same table, same drinks.

2nd man: I'm sorry. You were right. It does mean the same thing.
1st man: I'm sorry too. Maybe I was too harsh with you.
2nd man: No, no. I deserved it.
1st man: No, you didn't.
2nd man: Let's put all this behind us.
1st man: Forgive and forget!
2nd man: Great! Let's make a toast.
1st man: To friendship!
2nd man: And forgiveness!
1st man: Cheers!
2nd man: Cheers!

[Silence!]
The men are laughing, and hugging each other.

[Blackout!]
1 min.

[Lights!]

The black part of the stage. Same... same... same...

2nd woman: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have profaned a dead person.
1st woman: It's alright.
2nd woman: No, it's not. He was your husband and I think it's great that you have such noble feelings towards him.
1st woman: He wasn't actually a saint all the time. Nobody's perfect.
2nd woman: However, I had no right to do this. I hope you will forgive me.
1st woman: Of course. I could never stand being mad at you.
2nd woman: Thank you... Thank you...

[Silence!]
The two women are laughing and hugging and...

[Blackout!]
1 min.

[Lights!]

Violet part of the stage. Same... same... same... Except for one thing.

The Man: Are you dead yet?

...

The Man: Hello, are you dead yet?

[Silence...]

The Man: Are you dead yet?

[Silence.]

The Man: I'm asking you something. Are you dead yet?

[Silence!]

The Man: Are you dead yet!!!

[SILENCE!]
2 min.

[Blackout!]
1 min.



[Now imagine all these scenes happening at the same time.]

[Curtain!]

No comments:

Post a Comment